Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh My Blog Award


Thanks to Lara from Absolutely Booked! for the award!
So with this Award comes a little challenge for the Bloggers receiving this-

1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER! Yay! Woohoo!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:

(a) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(b) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" post.
(c) Make your next blog a 'vlog'/video blog. Basically, you're talking to the camera about whatever.
(d) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don't forget to tell them.

I love option b)! I had a very musically interesting childhood. We basically had four CDs in our car at any one time: Abba Gold, Elton John's Greatest Hits, a John Denver collection, and the Vienna Boys Choir.

This means that I know the lyrics to pretty much every Abba song in existence, including the obscure ones that didn't appear in the musical. It also meant that when my dad and I joined a school Geography trip that involved a cruise ship and lots of historical sites in the Mediterranean, it was very obvious what I was going to do in the ship's talent show.

My dance routine to 'Mama Mia' was choreographed by my English teacher and the backup track borrowed from some older teenage girls doing 'Take a Chance on Me.' I was eleven years old and extremely proud to place in third after two eighteen year olds who composed their own piano pieces and so had (in my opinion) an extremely unfair advantage. There was also a group of boys who sang the 'Bob the Builder' theme tune, which one judge, the extremely tipsy ship's nurse, called 'fabulous'.

I've taken singing lessons since I was very, very small- my first teacher taught me singing and piano at the same time. I hated piano and loved singing, so at our first recital when everyone played black-notes-only pieces, I sang 'My Heart Will Go On'. According to my best friend's mother, I also sang it very loudly from my seat inside her shopping cart when she took me to the supermarket one day, but that's a story for another time. These days my repertoire consists mostly of showtunes, with some kids movie music thrown in for good measure. (My teacher especially hates 'Journey to the Past.' Lots of key changes.)

Nowadays the CDs in the car are made by yours truly, which makes for lots of Relient K and repeated playing of 'Mood Rings', which makes for a lot of my preteen sister on air guitar. Depending on how much sugar she's recently consumed and so how much her limbs flail, this can be a very, very bad thing.

Do me a favor, and when you listen to the guitar parts, imagine being repeatedly stabbed in the gut with a sharp elbow in time to the beat. Thank you.




So now for the awarding!

I'm going to pass this on to Scott from Ergo (because he's sort of the vlog king), Patty from Yay! Reads (which has another awesome new layout) and Literary Cravings.

lale

3 comments:

  1. *puts on Vlog Crown* Thank'ee, Lale. Thank'ee kindly. Now I won't smack you with my Vlog Scepter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daisy!
    I'll try to put this on my blog sometime soon. I'm so busy! Thanks for the comment on the layout, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anabell, I am forever in your debt for introducing me to 'Mood Rings.'

    And I love 'Journey to the Past.'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails