Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday #2


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Carlos Fuentes doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him in Boulder, Colorado. He wants to keep living on the edge, and carve his own path—just like Alex did. Unfortunately, his ties to a Mexican gang aren't easy to break, and he soon finds himself being set up by a drug lord.

When Alex arranges for Carlos to live with his former professor and his family to keep him from being sent to jail, Carlos feels completely out of place. He's even more thrown by his strong feelings for the professor's daughter, Kiara, who is nothing like the girls he's usually drawn to. But Carlos and Kiara soon discover that in matters of the heart, the rules of attraction overpower the social differences that conspire to keep them apart.
As the danger grows for Carlos, he's shocked to discover that it's this seemingly All-American family who can save him. But is he willing to endanger their safety for a chance at the kind of life he's never even dreamed possible?

I actually got into the Perfect Chemistry series through the book trailer for this! I loved the first book (my review is here) and I'm completely on-the-edge excited for this one, but it's not out in the UK yet. Thankfully, my lovely mother picked me up a copy on her visit to the US. Problem with this: I won't get back to Turkey to see her for another month or so. Boo.

Enough of the moaning. Cheer up and check out the completely awesome book trailer that made even my most non-bookish friends want to read it. (Might have had something to do with certain actors...but hey, I can't win them all!)



lale

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a really cute pick! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought this one was already out? Guess that is good for you as you won't have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REEALLY want to read Perfect Chemistry. Agh, I don't know why I keep NOT picking it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails