Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I just want to take this opportunity to say 'Happy Mother's Day' to my own mom, who's the best mother any girl could hope for. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have this blog-- she was instrumental in both teaching me how to read and fostering my love of books.

The photo on the right is of us together, I think when I was still fairly newborn. (I was born almost two months premature and weighed about a kilo, so I stayed in hospital for a lot longer than your average baby.) I asked her a few weeks back whether she ever thought I wasn't going to make it, and she replied, 'Not once.' That conviction that I could do it was something that was ever present throughout my childhood and still is today. I'm incredibly lucky to have someone so supportive in my life- without my mom, I definitely wouldn't be the person I am today. She's one of the strongest women I know, and someone who I have a lot of respect for. So thank you, mom. I wish I could have spent mother's day with you!

Love,
Lale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails