Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Young Adult Contemporary Challenge

As a lot of you may have realized by now, I have a weakness for paranormal/fantasy literature, probably because I'm a sucker for good world building. However, in the last year, I've come across some amazing contemporary reads that have firmly cemented themselves in my favorites list, and I'd like to challenge myself to read more contemporary in order to continue that trend.

That's why I was super excited to see that Reggie from The Undercover Book Lover is hosting a YA Contemporary Challenge! The aim is to read at least thirteen young adult contemporary novels published in 2011, and participants will be able to enter a tri-monthly giveaway.  Head on over and check it out!

Below are a few 2011 contemps that I'm excited about- I found them by using the YA Book Release Guide created by Mavie from The Bookologist. It's a super resource, and definitely one to bookmark if you're participating in any 2011 pub date challenges!


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Will Work for Prom Dress by Aimee Ferris
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Subway Girl by PJ Converse
Entangled by Cat Clarke


Those are just a few that I'm psyched about. Which YA Contemporary books are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. SO SO SO HAPPY YOU'RE JOINING =)))))) Contemporary YA is my FAVORITE genre =)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! so glad your participating! i will be participating too! and yay, am glad you are using the YABRG!!! :) :) more lists to come!! :)) your awesomee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liar Society (Lisa and Laura Roecker) and I'm Not Her (Janet Gutler). Also, Jenny Hans sequel to It's Not Summer Without You. Actually my list is quite long. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun challenge! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails