Thursday, August 12, 2010

I can't resist freebies, especially when they're useful ones...

A few weeks ago, before school broke up, we had a university preparation day; of course, being the bio-nerd that I am, I headed for the science block and right to a great lecture on the pharmaceutical industry given by a parent who works at the Wellcome Trust.  The Wellcome is an organization that provides funding to scientific projects around the world, and they also have a small but very interesting science museum- definitely worth a look if you're in the London area and you have an interest in biology.



The lecturing parent brought another aspect of the Wellcome to my attention; they publish a great, free magazine about various issues in science! I promptly subscribed to it, and signed up for them to send twelve back issues to my home in Turkey- again, for no charge. I received them in the mail today, and I'm looking forward to reading them cover to cover; they talk about everything from obesity to climate change.

Click here for the website!

lale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails