Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anticipation

There are many upsides to getting hooked on a series. You spend more time with the characters and really get to know them. You get to stick with the story for longer. You have an excuse to buy more books. (I like that one.)

However, there's one major downside: the months you have to wait for the next installment.

It's why I like to get into TV shows that are already a good few seasons ahead- I'm never waiting for more. Now I've shot myself in the foot by starting to watch Glee and Pretty Little Liars, because it means I have to wait eons for more like normal people do. Sure, it's usually just a week, but that week can feel like an eternity. And when the sequel to a book I love comes out in six months to a year? My sanity flies out of the window.

I've tried to cope with fanfiction. I stalk author websites, desperate for any little tidbit that gets thrown my way. I have huge, lengthy discussions with my friends about what they think is going to happen. I follow forums and listen to everyone's theories. (I don't recommend this. What people dreamed up for Spirit Bound was creepy, crazy, and much more exciting than the real thing.)

Of course, one thing we really look forward to is seeing how relationships pan out. Here are a couple I'm desperate to see resolved. (Whoever I'm supporting will be listed first! ;))

1) Peeta vs. Gale in the 'Hunger Games' trilogy
2) Graves vs. Christophe vs. no-one in the 'Strange Angels' series (kudos to Lilith Saintcrow for presenting us with that option. As I've said, I love her realism SO MUCH.)
3) Dimitri vs. Adrian in the Vampire Academy series
4) Marc vs. Jace in the Shifters series

Who are you waiting for closure on? If you post, drop links in the comments. I'm curious to see whose sides you're on...

Speaking of anticipation, Reggie at The Undercover Book Lover is running a contest giving away ARCs of several books I'm seriously excited for- Kiersten White's 'Paranormalcy' for one! Plus, it's international and includes some pretty cool gum, which is quirky and awesome. Check it out over here.

Another thing I can't wait for: 



lale

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails