Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Teen Titles!

And lastly.... *drumroll*

The Teen section!

This is, of course, where I do most of my reading- with the current paranormal trends, how could I not?! And unfortunately, I've been kind of lazy on posting to it. But that shall change. ;)

  1. Psych Major Syndrome, by Alicia Thompson 4/5
  2. Rampant, by Diana Peterfreund 4.5/5
  3. Double Helix, by Nancy Werlin 4/5
I'm a little bit of a Meg Cabot fan, so when she recommended 'Psych Major Syndrome' on her blog, I took the recommendation to heart. It was such a fun read, dealing with completely normal aspects of teenage life from the POV of a psych major- which of course, means lots of analysis. And mentions of Freud. You can find the book trailer on the author's website!

'Rampant' wins my vote for most out-there urban fantasy ever. I mean, c'mon, people- KILLER UNICORNS?! How far away from sparkly vampires can you get?

In the best way possible, of course. Rampant was absolutely epic. People always tell wannabe writers, 'put your characters in sticky situations, dahling- it's good for their development.' Rampant has sticky situations galore. Being stuck in Italy at a secluded 'school'. Having to stay a virgin descendant of Alexander the Great in order to keep your powers.

And the killer unicorns. That gets pretty sticky.

Double Helix was something my parents tracked down for me, again because I'm a gene lover. Eli's mom has Huntington's, something you're probably familiar with if you're a House fan. If you are a House fan, you'll probably realize that the dominant nature of the condition means that Eli's got a 50/50 chance of getting it, too.

That's not even the crazy part. Eli starts working at Wyatt Transgenics before heading off to college, and his father is reluctant to let him. The issue's something to do with his mother, and Quincy Wyatt, Eli's employer. And what's up with the beautiful Kayla Matheson?

Nope. It's really not what you think.

*wipes the sweat off of her brow* Well, that's it for the book updates... until I go to Waterstones this weekend brandishing a shiny ten pound voucher. *Grin*

Until next time!

Lale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails